I am dedicated to helping people live healthier, more balanced lives. I have a general practice and enjoy working with a variety of people and health concerns. I am particularly interested in women’s primary care, and can complete pap tests, and assist with gynaecological and urinary health concerns. In addition, I have experience helping those with mild to moderate depression and anxiety, and women struggling with hormonal concerns like premenstrual syndrome, irregular menstruation, and menopause.
- In BC, it is recommended that women, and other individuals with a cervix, ages 25 through 69 undergo a pap test every 3 years to screen for cervical cancer. I am able to provide this service, and aim to make the process as comfortable as possible.
- There are many natural options for dealing with common vaginal and urinary health concerns, you don't have to rely on antibiotics and antifungals. My approach includes getting a proper diagnosis, treating the symptoms, and preventing recurrence through appropriate lifestyle modifications and targeted natural therapies.
- Many women struggle with premenstrual syndrome, irregular menstruation, and/or heavy menstrual bleeding. You don’t have to suffer through, and you don’t have to solely rely on pharmaceutical interventions. I will work with you to determine why you may be experiencing these concerns, and will tailor a treatment plan to address the cause as well as manage the symptoms.
- While menopause is a normal life transition, many women experience symptoms that can interfere with their daily life. Some common symptoms are hot flashes, night sweats, mood changes, sleep disturbances, vaginal dryness and weight gain. I will assess your diet and lifestyle to insure that you are in optimal health during this time. If needed, there are natural options to help manage symptoms, as well as bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
- Preventative medicine is a major component of healthy aging. It is important to complete risk assessments and screening tests for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis, to name a few, as the results elucidate which aspects of your health may need more focus.
- We all want to feel vibrant enough to accomplish our goals, and learning how to mitigate the negative health effects of stress can help. While it is normal to experience some level of stress in day-to-day living, if left unchecked, stress can negatively effect all body systems. I will focus on appropriate lab testing, lifestyle modifications, and targeted therapies to help you better manage stress.